Do you notice water puddles or water trickling from wall cracks? It may be due to water-related issues, such as water seepage. This is an alarming problem for homeowners. Water finds the path of least resistance, often coming from cracks in walls, ceilings, and foundations. Not only does it cause high levels of moisture in crawlspaces and basements, but it also causes water stains on walls, wet carpet, mold growth, and musty odors in the home. In addition, water seepage leads to foundation failure and costly repairs. At Residential ResQ, we are dedicated to solving your water seepage issues for your home in Connecticut.
What causes water seepage in basements? There are several factors that cause water seepage, but the most common include:
- High water table around the foundation
- Improper slope or grading
- Poorly compacted soil
- Clogged gutters that stop the flow of water
- Improper downspout extensions
- Plumbing leaks or broken underground pipes
- Poor drainage
- Soil erosion
If you suspect water seepage in your basement, contact our professionals right away. Ignoring this issue may cause foundation failure and costly repairs.
Water Seepage Solutions in Connecticut
Water seepage can easily be fixed by installing a basement waterproofing system. Our waterproofing methods include:
- Interior Waterproofing: This system uses a perforated drain pipe to drain water. The pipe connects to a sump pump system to help remove groundwater from underneath the slab.
- Battery Backup Sump Pump/Primary Sump Pump: Our heavy duty sump pumps collect and remove between 1000-2400 gallons of water.
- Dehumidifier System: We use quality products such as the Santa Fe Dehumidifier to reduce moisture levels below 50%.
- Surface Drainage: This system consists of channel drains, grates, elbows, couplers, and end caps to control water runoff.
Our waterproofing systems are designed to discharge water away from your foundation and reduce moisture levels as well as improve the air quality of your entire home.
If you have water seepage, contact us immediately. We'll find the source of your water leaks and offer the best basement waterproofing solution for your home in Connecticut.